Thursday 22 January 2015

Day started at 5 am...12 hours later

Wow boot camp in the Himalayas...unreal diversity in terrain today.  First we saw the Annapurna mtns from poonhill-amazing!  Here's the group that got up early at 5 am for this adventure...




Here's what we conquered today...

Here's the start of the terrifying ice slide.  Yesterday 2 foreigners broke their legs.  I totally understand why.  There were times in this 2-3 hour period when I had no idea how we would make it through this. As I looked at the nightmare of ice that was our path and wondered how we would manage, local Nepali guides would be there to help us along with our dear friend Raju and our porter Harley.  

The camera came out again when the path was stable...


A stop for lunch after hours of stress and adrenaline rush.  I gotta say I didn't see ANY folks our age out there nor did I see ANY teens or kids.  Kinda tells ya something but I feel like I guess we can do anything if we did this!  


Beautiful mountain falls...


Again breath- taking beauty all around us...

Mikes pack is enormous and without a porter he has had to tackle crazy conditions but he's still smiling here!


Mike and Adam resting when possible...


Then a walk through the jungle...



See what creature is in the tree?  There were lots of them...


And then we saw wild monkeys- awesome!














2 comments:

  1. As you said...savouring your time with family! How true! No education in a classroom, can compare to the memories these kids will have, on their return to Canada! I wish I would have had the same opportunity in life. Enjoy and continue to feel blessed! xo from Grammy & Murray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These pictures bring back great memories! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete